Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MYOB

So I wrote this a week or so ago after listening from a friend about how some drama unfolded. I was feeling the same way as this friend of mine, so I wrote down my thoughts - in a structured like way. I'll probably keep adjusting it and maybe one day turn it into lyrics or a poem of some kind. I'm posting this now because I have a goal of 2 posts per month, so it's time!
----------------------

Don’t call dibs on me!
Don’t claim me as your own.
Just because you like me does not
mean that I like you!

Don’t tell me who I should date.
You can suggest names but there are
No guarantees, no promises.
Just because she likes me, doesn’t
mean that I like her.

When you see me with another girl,
dating, smiling, and having fun,
Don’t call her a slut behind closed doors,
or tell lies back and forth.

Don’t complain, don’t compare
Don’t get mad, don’t attack.
Don’t spread crap about how she used me,
Blinded me, or wooed me.

She isn’t evil. She didn’t use me, 
She didn’t manipulate, she isn’t the trash you say.

Truth is – I chose her.
She didn’t win, you didn’t lose.
This isn’t high school, this is life.
Life isn’t fair. Get over it.

Don’t be mad at her, she didn’t do anything against you.
Jealousy doesn’t suit you. Green isn’t your color.
Don’t be mad at me, I’m not worth the negativity.
I’m not worth the pain your putting yourself through.


No comments:

Post a Comment